Code of Conduct
This Code of Conduct of the CarboTech Group sets out the important principles and fundamental values to which we are committed in our daily dealings with employees, customers, suppliers, society and the environment as we engage in our global business activities. We act in accordance with an integrated business plan covering all the social, ecological and economic contributions a company makes in voluntarily assuming corporate social responsibility in a manner which is lasting and extends beyond the scope of statutory requirements. In this respect, we are committed to accepting our responsibilities and to creating and maintaining a corporate culture in which we observe the legal and ethical principles stated below in the best possible way.
The CarboTech Group is committed to maintaining the following principles:
Human rights and related legislation
- We support and respect the UN Universal Declaration of Human Rights and ensure that our business activities do not make us complicit in human rights abuses.
- We observe the provisions of the applicable legal jurisdictions in particular the relevant laws about fair competition, data protection, protection of the intellectual rights of third parties, combating money laundering and insider trading.
- We promote equal opportunities and equal treatment of our employees – irrespective of their ethnic origin, their gender, their religion or world view, any disability, their age or sexual identity.
- We respect the personal dignity, private life and personality rights of each individual.
- We do not employ anyone against their will and do not force anyone to work.
- We do not condone any unacceptable treatment of employees, such as discrimination, coercion, abuse, exploitation or sexual harassment.
- We provide appropriate remuneration to our employees and guarantee the legally stipulated national minimum wage.
- We comply with the rules governing working hours applicable in each state.
- We recognise the freedom of association of workers. We neither advantage nor disadvantage members of employee organisations or trade unions.
Health and safety of employees
- We accept responsibility for the health and safety of our employees in the working environment.
- We take the best possible precautions to contain risks and to avoid or prevent accidents and occupational illnesses.
- We maintain and promote an appropriate occupational health and safety management system in which regular training in occupational health and safety is provided.
Customers, suppliers and partners
- We are committed to the appropriate promotion of compliance with the principles and fundamental values of this Code of Conduct among our customers, suppliers and partners.
- We comply with the principles of non-discrimination in the selection of and dealing with our customers, suppliers and partners in the same way as we do with our employees.
Corruption and bribery
- We do not tolerate nor become involved in any form of corruption or bribery; this also applies specifically to any illegal offers of payment or similar benefits made to government officials or other decision-makers with the intention of influencing their decisions.
- We do not employ people who cannot prove they have reached the applicable minimum legal age for employment.
- We use an appropriate environmental management system.
- We reduce environmental impacts beyond the level required by legal standards and codes of practice within the scope of what is reasonable in terms of technical and commercial possibilities.
- We regularly audit our environmental protection measures and implement appropriate improvements.
- We operate an export management system in accordance with the rules of the European Union and the Federal Republic of Germany.
- We comply strictly with export restrictions.
- We do not tolerate any form of circumvention within our sphere of influence and do not involve ourselves in it in any way.
- We do not transact any business where there is evidence of this.
We reserve the right to make appropriate amendments to this Code of Conduct in the event of changes in requirements affecting the above compliance principles.